Saturday, April 26, 2008

Interview with Gianmaria Giannetti


q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)I am not able to speak about me.

q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?

a) Absolutely no, I wanted to become an astronaut!
q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?
a) I work on canvas and on little used objets.
q) How would you describe your style?
a) Style doesn’t exist, I am not a stylist!
q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?
a) A science philosopher would say yes.

q) What are you working on at present?
a) At impossibilities on the white universe.
q) What about recent sources of inspirations?
a) Enzo and Ciro’s pizza, tennis and death.

q) What are some of your obsessions?

a) I think a milion of images each second that soon I forget.
q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?
a) Studio Ghiglione, Salone Internazionale di Parigi, Asilo dei Grandi, Base Americana del Melogno.

q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?
a) By e.mail.
q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?
a) No, maybe they could give advices to me.

q) Who are your favorite artists?

a) Francois-Noel Babeuf, Carlo Cafiero, Gerolamo Napoleone, Trubetskoj, Yang Hucheng, Zhang Xueliang.
q) What books are on your nightstand?
a) All the books that will never be written.
q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?
a) To my wife and to a little cake named “pasticciotto”.


q)…your contacts…

No comments: