Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Interview with Mark Planisek

q)What is your name?

a)Mark Planisek

q) Where do you live and work?

a)Washington, D.C.

q)What is your creative process like?

a)Within my photographic composition, geometric composition, color and texture correlation, I have a very natural, flowing, process. Look. See. Think. Do.

q)What is your favorite medium?

a) Hand painted, photo collage

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a) Photographing my old studio building up until the time it was boarded up

q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)Approximately a few days .




q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)Winning an award from the historic Camera Cub of New York and my past museum exhibits.

q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Kathe Kollwitz, Henry Koerner, Chaim Soutine, Berenice Abbott and Charles Burchfield.

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)Check out
www.markplanisek.com and www.123soho.com/mark_planisek

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)I work in several different mediums

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a) Be interested and you’ll be interesting. Get involved in your arts community.

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a) I know that I have to, want to and need to make art.



q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)I describe it in different ways to different people. I usually like to hear what people think of it then I can react to their take on it. Otherwise you may be influencing their real opinion.

q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a) I was an illustrator for NASA, John Hopkins University and other companies for more than 15 years

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a) The camera has always been integral in my work

q)Who are your influences?

a)My former teacher and artist from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Mr. Henry Koerner. I work at the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery in DC.

q)What inspires you to create?

a)I’ve been artistically creative since I was very young. It’s a natural way of life for me.

q)…your contacts…

a)
planisek@hotmail.com

No comments: