Friday, October 7, 2011

Interview with Emmanuelle Esther






q)Please tell us your name and where you practice.

a)Hello ! My name is Emmanuelle Esther and i work in Berlin.

q) Why do you make art?

a)For me is not necessary art. Is art if people think is art. For me is just what i have under me.

q) How do you work ?

a)I work in my flat in Berlin in a big table with a lot of documentary in my computer or shit TV like real tv. Sometine on my bed with movie.

q) What´s your background?

a)Normal school, normal different work, shit design school, nice sewing school. Lot lot of craft at home.

q) What role does the artist have in society?

a)The artist are just people doing what they want. A lot of people have some idea to do think but is not do it. For me i'm not an artist. I'm just someone doing what i have in me.

So maybe artist make people dream. Poeple who don't dare make thinks...

q) What was a seminal experience for you ?

a)I don't anderstand this word "seminal"

q) Has your practice changed over time ?

a)Of course ! Is evolve all the time and is gone be different in a few years !

q) What art do you most identify with ?

a)Textil art.

q) What´s your strongest memory of your childhood ?

a)Sun. I come from Nice.

q) What themes do you pursue ?

a)I don't know

q) Describe a real life experience that inspired you.

a)When i was young, when i looked my dad on work.

q) What´s your most embarrassing moment ?

a)When i work not for me

q) What jobs have you done other than being an artist ?

a)Saleswoman on a lot of shops, work on a preschool

q) What responses have you had to your work ?

a)Good because is knitting is hold think and people like hold think it is rassuring...

q) What do you dislike about the artworld ?

a)A lot of people think in artworld they are above other poeple because is say "i'm an artist" is not mixing with other people. I really think is shit !

q) What research do you do ?

a)nothing of special...

q) What is your dream project?

a)Work for me for the rest of my life. Don't have boss. live in country with my man, my chidren and a lot of animals !

q) What´s the best piece of advice you have been given ?

a)Stay real...

q) What couldn’t you do without?

a)Without love of course !

q) What makes you angry?

a)Opportunism

q) What is your worst quality?

a)Choleric

q) Dogs or Cats ?

a)Cats

q) Making art is a lot like being on lsd. Know what I mean ?

a)Maybe

q) What does “ copy” mean to you ?

a)Is like commit a steal

q) What´s your favorite cuss word ?

a)Putain mais merde fait chier quoi !!

No comments: