Friday, August 28, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH RON KIBBLE








q)Please tell us your name and where you practice.


a)Ron Kibble
Scottsdale Arizona
 


q) Why do you make art


a)It’s a release of thoughts 


q) How do you work


a)Spontaneous consciousness
The beats philosophy of first thought best thought


q)What´s your background?


a)I started viewing my self as an artist in highschool
I studied design  at the university Milwaukee Wisconsin



q) What role does the artist have in society?


a)It’s is a great representation of the society


q) What was a seminal experience for you ?


a)Not sure what you asking with this question


q) Has your practice changed over time ?


a)Only with subject matter like with everyone i am the accumulation of life events 


q) What art do you most identify with ?


a)I dont really identify with most other artist but i can appreciate other arts voice 


q)What´syourstrongest memory of your childhood ?


a)My childhood was riddled with exams
I spent the first 5 years of life in a hospital because of an illnesses many times i was supposed to die
I have dyslexia and at the time schools did not recognize it as a learning disability so i was an out cast in grade school
I grow up on the grounds of an adolescent center 


q) What themes do you pursue ?


a)The human experience 


q) Describe a real life experience that inspired you.


a)I pull my images from the totality of my life


q)What´s your most embarrassing moment ?


a)I do not believe in shame guilt or regret 


q) What jobs have you done other than being an artist ?


a)I work in  behaviour health
In the past i work in retail ,popcorn factory and water bottling factory 


q) What responses have you had to your work ?


a)Seems people either love or hate it 


q) What do you dislike about the artworld?


a)Nothing it is what it is


q) What research do you do ?


a)Absolutely nothing


q) What is your dream project?


a)Eventually i would like to do billboard size painting 


q)What´s the best piece of advice you have been given ?


a)Be true to yourself


q) What couldn’t you do without?


a)Art love money


q) What makes you angry?


a)Nothing i just keep moving forward


q) What is your worst quality?


a)I am who i am good bad beautiful ugly it all makes me the man i am


q)Dogs or Cats ?


a)I have a dog 


q) Making art is a lot like being on lsd.Know what I mean ?


a)We are all on our own trip
Thats what makes life so amazing


q) What does “ copy” mean to you ?


a)To reproduce something that someone else did and claim it as your own


q)What´s your favorite cuss word ?


a) God damn mother fucking bitch

No comments: